Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We Are The Body

WE ARE THE BODY

Stories of faithful obedience

All your children shall be taught by the Lord,
and great shall be the peace of your children.

Isaiah 54:13

I have found that the LORD places before us opportunities to love as we are commanded. One of our Impact Groups that has been assisting in serving struggling families in Oildale, decided to collect together some unwanted children’s books. A few weekends ago they handed out 5–10 books per child. The kids were grinning ear to ear! Now they want to start a book drive.

Their act of kindness got me thinking about my “pruning” process. I have saved so many children’s books because they remind me of the many joy filled moments, lying in bed, reading to my children. I store these books for memories when they could be making new memories for new parents and children.

I invite you to join with me in donating the books your children have out grown. Bring them to the Information Table on Sundays or to the church office. I plan to include a handwritten Bible verse address on the inside cover of each book.

No comments:

Post a Comment